Monday, November 22, 2010

I have been in a bit of slump lately, I have been cleaning out more my parents boxes, its a tedious and emotional task. I began to feel inspired, so I started on Mary Wigham, here is my progress since Friday.

I'm using WDW linen Straw, 40 ct I'm no longer using a frame since it was keeping me from getting closer to see my work, even with my mag eyes. I decided to switch to in-hand, but I felt the stitches were not laying right. So finally, I got a recommendation to try Susan Bates Hoopla Hoop and I love it. I don't think I have ever gotten so much done before. I'm not stitching constantly, but its nice to be able to be portable with your work. I can take it with me up and down stairs (of course remembering to take it out of the hoops when not stitching) so during breaks from boxes and other things, like errands or wifely chores and I can sit in my chair and stitch.. ta da!.

I want you to know that Lucy has been helping as well. My parents had a room of bookshelves and books. We are just as bad, along with collecting old movies and records. I am making progress though I have 3 boxes ready to go the library, for them to use or sell. I'm also working on a goodwill box.



Saturday was Paul's my DH birthday, he turned 64, and yes I will still need him and feed him... It also was a friend of my parents birthday, Robert F Kennedy, he would of been 85.

Well now that I'm back stitching I will keep up with my blog posting. Have a Happy Turkey Day, and relaxing day. I will be cooking for the kids and us.

No comments:

Post a Comment