Tuesday, July 20, 2010

An Anniversary and updates

Today would of been my parent's 60th wedding anniversary. Its always a bittersweet day for me, since my father died young at 56 just after they celebrated their 25th. My mother died 13 years later at the age of 63, which was some 20 years ago. My husband and I wear their rings... the commitment goes on.. Here's to them!

An now for some updates. Since I was progressing so well on LD Bienvenue, I decided to cheat and start JH Tribute to 9-11. I only the top edge started not alot to show, but I will when I get some more done. Of course the two colors I'm using are DMC 839 and DMC 310 (Black) which were not questionable on the Natural Linen I'm using, they look just fine. But I won't forget to post a picture when I have more in place.

Now for Bienvenue. I have the bottom medallion almost done.. The next challenge if the name for the center and parents initials. Mom(my god-daughter) is pleased, since she had look at it Sunday when she came over to take me to In Stitches who was having a sale. I got my fabric and threads (DMC called for) and two charts, LD "Do Bears" and SVW "Quaker I" The fabric is WDW 40 ct, Straw. Its golden brown and looks great with the threads, can't really tell so well by the scan.. (Just click to see larger)



I downloaded "Emma" from Audible, unfortunately the reader is someone who runs things together and talks fast most of the time. This is the first time in the 2 years that I have used audible that I have had a reader issue. So I'm going to look for another version with a different reader. In the been time I will start listening to "Garbo" which I also downloaded. Don't forget you can read all my book review's here. I just finished "Laura, and Intimate Portrait," which was wonderful.

I also received, "Miss Austen Regrets" from Netflix's which I thoroughly enjoyed and may have to purchase my own copy. My next fascination is my re-introduction to Poirot, on Masterpiece Mystery. We are (if I haven't already mentioned) big mystery fans here. It is the one thing that Paul will sit through, other than history programs. Agatha Christie made an excellent choice when she picked David Suchet to play Hercule' Poirot. She saw him on stage now that was almost 30 years ago, so he was in his 30's. She knew that he would make the perfect Hercule' Poirot, just as knew that Joan Hickson would be perfect as the "redoubtable" Miss Marple. She is the my favorite Miss Marple and the one that I can watch over and over again, Julie McKenzie is also good but she's not Joan. After reading (listening) to "Duchess of Death" a bio on Agatha Christie, I found that little tidbit out. That the BBC had approached her before her death about taking it to the small screen, since the movies had been so popular. So she agreed and made her recommendations. But I have a digressed, with my renewed interest in Poirot I think I will get some earlier episodes off of Netflix. Helps beat the heat doesn't it?

Jean, stitching away in virginia

Oh and Josh's ear is doing great, but he hates me and runs like the dickens

1 comment:

  1. I love your Bienvenue!! The colors are exquisite! A milestone indeed for you with your parents' anniversary. That's so sweet that you and your husband wear their rings. As for audible books, I've been lucky with readers as well. I've only had maybe one or two readers that really got on my nerves. Maybe we're just easy going. :D

    ReplyDelete