Friday, July 9, 2010

Trying to decide...

I have been toying with changing the fabric for Jan Houtman's Twin Towers Sampler from Cream to Natural. I have been looking at this and looking at this for the past few weeks, and I really like it but now I'm not so sure about some of the threads showing up.

I really would like some opinions, so here is my floss toss.

So what do you think? the concerns I have is some of the blue greys, but I think I can go darker our lighter on both..

For some reason this is really growing on me.

Jean, who is stitching away and listening to Laura - An Intimate Portrait...

3 comments:

  1. It's always hard to tell from a picture and not the real thing, but it looks pretty nice from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Margaret, I really appreciate the feedback. Actually the picture is very true color wise (at least on my monitor). I think I'm just going to go with it. I have started JH 9-11 about 5 times, and I started thinking the light fabrics didn't seem to work for me. Well one can only test the waters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think as long as you're willing to change out some of the colors (if they get lost on the fabric), that it'd be nice! It looks like a great color combo. I've run into problems when I go with one strand on DMC, that it isn't thick enough to show up on higher count linen if it's close to the background color. It looks like it'll be a beautiful sampler!

    ReplyDelete