Friday, July 30, 2010

Oh the last few days

I haven't posted an update because my camera died, DH fixed it, that was the easy part. We went Thursday to get an updated Thyroid Scan (on me)and couldn't get out of neighborhood due to utility work. So we called and I would have to wait forever, so I'm rescheduling that..Then we went to get my ID card updated, since I let it expire so I could get a new picture (since I now have short hair and people questioned if it was me)So off we go to the DMV with my birth certificate and other stuff and they declined to give me one. Apparently they will no long accept a birth certificate by a hospital or a registry of birth certificate. Both I have.

I was born an Naval Bethesda, and then my mom had to register my birth in Maryland since it was military hospital. When I went 5 years ago to get my ID card (I don't drive anymore due to eye blndness), they accepted those documents. Not a anymore. I guess they can be forged. So now I'm sending off the Bureau of Vital Statistics in MD to get a Birth Certificate, what a mess. I urge every one to check to see what they have and what places like DMV requires. I'm sending to Seattle to get my husbands, in case we ever have to show it. So that has been the last few days of fun and games. I've stitched very little due to floating migraines from a barometer change.

Well post pictures soon, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jean! What a pain for you! All of it! And it certainly is interesting about the birth certificate stuff. I'm pretty sure that all we have is hospital birth certificates. What other kind is there? Good luck with all the red tape! Hope you're feeling better soon. Looking forward to the stitchy pictures.

    ReplyDelete